Coming to the 2017 Texas AMTA
Massage Convention in Waco
This class will teach massage therapists a sampling of barefoot strokes that don’t require the use of overhead bars!
This isn’t your regular ‘stand-on-the-table-and-hold-onto-a-bar’ kind of Ashiatsu…
…it’s the chillaxin, lazy, “LOOK MA! NO HANDS!!!” version of our technique!
This special convention class FEETures seated Ashiatsu strokes, as well as a special presentation on Fijian Massage – where we’ll try some standing strokes from the floor, while your client is on a padded floor mat. More training is required if you want to provide Ashiatsu or Fijian massage in your practice – but it’s a start!*
If you are curious to see what it’s like to massage with your feet, try this 8 hour course before diving into our full FasciAshi Barefoot Massage training or 16 hour Fijian Massage continuing education programs!
See if it’s for you. See first hand, (or, first FOOT!) if it’s right for your clients.
You’ll meet the feet and train with Jeni Spring and Jessica Jenkins, who are the Texas Ashiatsu instructors, as well as the Barefoot Massage Ninja, Jessica Harrison, who is the Texas Fijian instructor.
You’ll get to give and receive strokes from your partner, as well as from the instructors (so you’ll know what it should feel like!)
No pokey elbows, no painful, breath-taking pressure…. just a sensation of broad, consistent, smooth pressure.
No hand or upper body strength required, so just for this day, give your hard-working massage tools a break and wake up the potential in your feet. Use this class as research into the possibility of retiring your hands, or at least as an overview to see what its like to implement body-saving, gravity assisted deep tissue technique before moving onto ~deeper~ levels of Ashiatsu or Fijian training.
Want to see the full Ashiatsu and Fijian massage styles in action? Don’t miss the Center for Barefoot Massage’s booth in the vendor area, where a crew of experienced Barefoot Massage Therapists will be demonstrating the work – you can even get underfoot and receive 15-30 minute sessions during the entire convention weekend!
Class is 8:30m-6pm, March 31st, 8 CE hours.
- Early registration: Sign up by 1/31/17 for special pricing: $100 for AMTA members, $108 for non-AMTA
- Standard Pricing: if you sign up between February 1st – March 9th, 2017: $120 for AMTA members, $128 for non-members
- Late Registration: March 9th-March 15, 2017: $140 for AMTA members, $148 for non-members
Sign up for this special convention class on the AMTATX.COM website.
Start working on the smoothness of your feet now.
Some items you’ll want to bring to the convention and to this class:
- A holster
- Your favorite creme or lotion – oil won’t work as well.
- A foot sanitizer, such as a spray bottle containing Theives oil, or some other disinfectant.
- A clean, unworn pair of flip-flops or sandals that can be cleaned easily between each client.
- Wear capri’s, knee-length shorts, or pants that can be rolled up to the knee. Something easy to move in.
- Get a pedicure – make sure your soles are smooth and your nails are short – use the same type of care you would take for your hands and fingers.
Got questions about learning barefoot massage? Email Jeni@HeelingSole.com